Monday, May 2, 2011

My Most Stressful Week in Recent Memory: 4/25/11

I am still a week behind on my blog posts.  I'm going to try to write a "make-up" entry tonight for last Monday night, even though I'm really tired and I don't feel like typing right now.  I'll try to keep my lack of energy and spunk from seeping into my words, if that is possible.  I will try to do another post later this week so that I'm caught up again.  I REALLY hate falling behind.  It's my damn OCD.

The past 7 days have been fairly nightmarish.  Allow me to condense:

Monday  4/25 - 7:00 a.m. - Arrived at Essentia Health (St. Mary's / Duluth Clinic) to have Essure Procedure done.  Anyone not familiar with THAT fun little adventure can read all about it here:    Essure Home Page

Oodles and bushels and buckets of FUN.
Monday 4/25 - 10:00 a.m. - After being home only 45 minutes and craving at least a 5-hour NAP, our 2-year-old daughter swallowed a small bite of smoked fish and somehow managed to get a bone buried in her right tonsil.

FLASH FORWARD to 3:00 a.m. Tuesday morning.  Returned home from the Emergency Room / Operating Room, following  surgery on said toddler to remove the offending fish bone.  She's fine.  But Mommy was an effing-nervous wreck.  Guts were tied in knots after 7 hours at the hospital.  On top of the horrific stress of the ordeal, I realized around midnight that I hadn't eaten since chowing the smoked fish at 10:00 a.m. that morning - which prompted me to immediately eat my weight in vending machine crap.  45 minutes into our hour in the Family Waiting Room, I had downed TWO cans of (real) Coke, half a bag of Twizzlers, one Pop Tart, and a bag of Nacho Doritos.  Yep.

Do not feed these to your baby.  (Fish bones OR pennies.)
Tuesday 4/26 continued - Noon - All was back to normal.  Baby is fine.  She was happy, running around, and eating everything in sight.  So...Mommy followed suit.  I ordered Chinese food with the hubby at 5:00 p.m. and regret it immensely for the next 8 hours...UGH.

Wednesday 4/27 - Back to work.  Had a great calorie-counting day.  Ended at 1100 calories, like I try to every day.  Still too sore in the tubal-region to exercise, but I'll be fully recovered and back on the elliptical machine soon.

Thursday 4/28/11 - ANOTHER great calorie-counting day...ended up at 1065 calories at 6:45 p.m.!  Very proud of how I've been staying on-track.  Hoping it will last.  


FLASH FORWARD to 2:00 a.m. Friday morning.  Prince William & Commoner Kate were preparing to be hitched, within the following 3 hours.  How often does one get the chance to watch a ROYAL WEDDING live on T.V.?  NEVER, that's how often.  The last one I watched was that of Will's parents, 30 YEARS ago!  Needless to say...between 2:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m., I snarfed:  A couple HANDFULS of generic Nilla Wafers, a bunch of pretzel sticks, a bunch of dry roasted peanuts, a movie-size BOX of Milk Duds, a movie-size BOX of Good 'N Plenty, and a can of (real) Coke.  Oh my GOD!!!!!!!

I admit I was riveted, just like the other billion people watching the Royal Wedding!
Happily Ever After
A real-life fairy tale for Kate...very happy to see their happy ending!
Friday 4/29/11 continued - The day proceeded on a gruesome path after the Royal Nuptial Carb-Fest.  Frozen cheese enchiladas, a bunch of mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, a microwave-sized Kraft Macaroni and Cheese...all before 4:00 p.m., and then a home-cooked dinner of fresh baked salmon, salad, and ice cream with chocolate chips and Hershey's chocolate syrup for dessert...all after 8:30 p.m.!!!

Saturday 4/30/11 - Didn't count calories.  Ate more ice cream.  Went to Guadalajara Restaurant for chips, salsa, guacamole, and cheese dip, and a medium margarita with my hubby...and THEN went to see "Fast Five," and continued to eat buttered popcorn, a movie-size BOX of Skittles, and a Coke Zero.  BURP.

GO SEE "Fast Five."  This is one testosterone-fest that should NOT BE MISSED.
Sunday 5/1/11 - Didn't count calories - AGAIN.  Started my day's eating at 11:45 a.m. at the "Town of Superior Volunteer Fire Department Spring Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser."  My sweet hubby's on the squad.  I was relatively restrained, eating two pancakes with syrup, two over-easy eggs, and some coffee and milk.  Then later in the day, we went BACK to Guadalajara with the kids at 7:00 p.m. and ate dinner.  I had shrimp fajitas, Spanish rice and refried beans, more chips, salsa and cheese dip, and another medium margarita.

Thanks for all you do, hubby!
It was, in a word, a week of INDULGENCE.

I eat a lot more when I'm stressed.  Last week was one for the "Stress Record Books." 

My weight has fluctuated some, but not as wildly as I thought it would.  A quick glance at the past two weeks of morning weigh-ins looks like this:

Monday 4/18 ------- 150.0
Tuesday 4/19 ------ 148.0
Wednesday 4/20 -- 147.5
Thursday 4/21 ---- 148.0
Friday 4/22 -------- 149.0
Saturday 4/23 ----- 150.0
Sunday 4/24 ------- 153.5

Monday 4/25 ------- 152.5
Tuesday 4/26 ------ 151.5
Wednesday 4/27 -- 152.5
Thursday 4/28 ---- 150.5
Friday 4/29 -------- 150.0
Saturday 4/30 ----- 151.0
Sunday 5/1 --------- 150.0

Monday 5/2 -------- 151.5

For some strange reason, I feel marginally better when I look at the past two weeks documented in this way.  I'm 1.5 pounds heavier than I was two weeks ago, but I feel like it could have been SO SO SO much worse than that, given all the calories I have consumed in the past week alone.  I haven't been able to exercise this past week - but I plan to start back up with it tomorrow.  Today has been perfect - I'm exactly on-track for an 1100-calorie day.

I am determined to put the past two weeks of indulgence behind me now.


No comments:

Post a Comment