Monday, October 17, 2011

38 days 'til TURKEY TIME!

Ah, yes.  So with two more weeks gone and a couple more pounds gained, I've gone backwards a little.  AGAIN.


New goal:  I need to lose THREE pounds per week, every week until Thanksgiving, which falls on November 24th.  That's roughly 5 1/2 weeks, or 38 days, to lose 18 pounds.


I've had two bad weeks.  Too many food events.  Too much crap food around, both at home and at work.  Too busy to cook and too many "meals" in the car and on the run.  And waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much between-meal snacking.  


Yeah, I know everything I've done wrong.  I always know.  It's not like it's some big mystery.  I love food.  I eat too much.  Yadda yadda yadda.


So now what?!


New tactics.  I'm trying a variation on my usual theme.
My days are going to look like this, for the next 38 days:


7:30 a.m. - cup of tea with 2 tsp. sugar & 2 Tbls. fat-free half & half (50 calories)
 (+ ice water)
9:00 a.m. - Slim Fast Shake (190 calories)
 (+ice water)
11:30 a.m. - apple (90 calories)
(+ice water)
2:00 p.m. - cup of tea (50 calories) & Greek yogurt or serving of raw almonds (150 calories)
(+ice water)
4:30 p.m. - Slim Fast shake (190 calories)
(+ice water)
7:00 - frozen meal or calorie-counted supper that includes a little protein, fiber, & a good carb (400 calories)
(+ice water)
 9:30 p.m. - cup of tea (50 calories)
(+ICE WATER!)


Total for the day:  1170 calories


So................................. Anyone notice the ICE WATER theme?!


Yeah.  I NEED to drink more water.  I am such a pop addict...I can't go more than a day or two before I am dying.  I CRAVE pop.  Coke Classic, Dr. Pepper, Creme Soda, aaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!


The crazy thing is, when I follow the above plan, to the letter - for say, one week - I drop pounds like crazy.  The little "meals" are spaced out every few hours, so I never have to go so long without something in my stomach that I'm terribly uncomfortable.  Yeah, I feel hungry all day.  But it's a "mildly annoying" kind of hunger, rather than the "clawing-my-insides-out" kind.


The ice water throughout the day further fights cravings and keeps volume in my stomach.  The apple and almonds or yogurt are healthy snacks.  A little protein, a little fiber.  The tea, sipped slowly, is a treat - I've always loved it.  Tea is not a negative for me.  The Slim Fast shakes keep me full for two hours, easily.  And by the end of the day, after all the teeny bits of foods and beverages, the 400-calorie supper literally feels like a pig-out - even though it really ISN'T!  I'm so stuffed after eating 400 calories, that I have ZERO room in my stomach later in the evening, and this minimizes my chances of a late-night binge.  By doing this kind of minimal eating and drinking all day long, my stomach shrinks ALL DAY - and it holds noticeably less volume by the time evening rolls around than even one day before.


I'll attach a few pictures of my favorite foods that fit nicely into this "plan:"


ICE WATER.
Love green, love white, love black...
Fights between-meal salt cravings!
DELISH!
I need the calcium!
An apple a day!
Berries berries berries.
Keep raw almonds in the freezer for crunchiness!
This protein kills any craving.
Dry-roasted peanuts, one of my favorites.
LOVE hard-boiled egg whites - especially on salads!
I sometimes replace Slim Fast shakes with this powder mixed with 1% milk.
Hunting season is here!  Low low low-fat and tasty.
Thanksgiving dinner, here I come!
These WORK.
Handfuls. 
Dip in homemade fat-free dip!
Still my all-time favorite frozen meal.  And I've tried them ALL.
LOVE these meals.
A can of low-cal soup and a big salad is a PERFECT supper!
Another favorite soup.  CREAMY shrooms!
NO MORE BUTTER, PEOPLE!


Now that I've decided to give this variation a try, all I really need to do is add in some exercise.  My goal is to get on either the treadmill or elliptical machine 3 to 4 times EVERY week, plus spend time with my giant squishy abdominal ball as many days each week as I can manage it.  My core strength is LAUGHABLE.  Possibly non-existent.


ONWARD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment