Monday, October 3, 2011

Skipped Last Week's Post...and Found My Motivation!!!

Ah, I knew it was lurking somewhere.  

Sometimes I find my motivation in the ODDEST places.  For instance, I am almost NEVER motivated to do well on my diet immediately after I unpack a carload of groceries.  What do I feel like doing then?  I FEEL LIKE EATING, DAMNIT!!!

I have had a couple of psychotically-busy weeks.  Piles of projects, insane amounts of things to get done.  I've accomplished little else.  Sometimes, this means I can't find a single free hour to write a blog post all week, and that's what happened to me last week.  I tried every day to find that precious free time.  It just wasn't happening for me.

I now officially have 27 pounds to lose to hit my goal weight of 125.  Yes, I've gained a few pounds back.  At my lowest during the past year, I weighed 144.5.......for half a day.    LOL

At some point during this past weekend, I started feeling my motivation kicking in.  I never know when it's going to strike, and this time was no different.  I looked at my hand, buried in a family-sized bag of Life Savers Gummies, and thought, "UGH."  Shortly after that, I started to make new dieting goals...

I am going to make some small, attainable goals to help me lose the next 27 pounds slow enough that it's possible, but steadily enough that I don't waste more weeks and months like I just did.  I weigh about the same as I did at the start of May - while translates into "I just sat on my ass for FIVE WHOLE MONTHS."  Even though it's not technically accurate, that's what my scale says.  And the scale doesn't lie.


Here is how I'd like the next three months to play out:

1.  I want to lose 10 pounds by October 29th.  The 29th is my 4-year wedding anniversary.  I want o be 10 pounds lighter on that day so I can buy a cute outfit and go out with my hubby that night and look borderline delicious.

2.  I want to lose the next 10 pounds by November 24th, which is Thanksgiving Day.  This means that between my anniversary and Thanksgiving, I must be diligent!  No bingeing.  No skipping my workouts.  Avoid crap food.  Avoid ALL FOOD!!!

3.  I want to lose the remaining 7 pounds by Christmas.  So, in all, I want to lose the entire 27 pounds in 84 days.  I actually think this is completely do-able.  All I can do is give it my best effort...

Onward!!!

P.S.  I must drastically cut back on my most recent fixation, which is MOVIE CANDY.  I will not be reducing my consumption of EYE CANDY, however.  
Indulge:

No comments:

Post a Comment