Monday, April 11, 2011

Almost Half-Way There...!!! 4/4/11

I have had a pretty great week...though I didn't exercise as much as I wanted to, with only three workouts total on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.  I also didn't count calories on Saturday or Sunday. 


So then, what was so "great" about this week???


I felt great.  I was motivated, focused, and in control of my eating and my cravings for the majority of the week.  I had set a "mini-goal" for myself that I would look and feel better by the Home Show on Saturday, and I met that goal.  Part of the reason that I chose the Home Show for this goal was that I was planning to stop in to say hello to my old co-workers from Energy Plus, whom I haven't seen since July of 2008.  At that last visit, I was 8 months pregnant and almost 180 pounds.  Even though it turned out that they weren't at the Home Show this year, it didn't matter - I walked around the DECC for an hour and felt great, in a new (used) pair of (sort of) skinny jeans and a cute new hooded-sweatshirt from Target, and a new pair of the most uncomfortable flats ever created by man.


So apart from the miserable shoes, I felt amazing, and I even stopped at Big Apple Bagel on my way home and indulged in an "everything" bagel with tuna on it, as well as half an "apple pie" bagel with honey-cinnamon cream cheese, a 20 oz. bottle of Coke Classic, and a mini bag of nacho cheese Doritos!  FIESTA!!!


It all tasted fabulous, of course - but I felt like utter SHIT for hours afterwards.  My stomach was SO stretched-out that I could barely move.  I couldn't eat another thing the rest of the day.


I intended for Sunday to be a strict calorie-counting day, but then I made Paige some vermicelli for lunch, and I caved before I even fed her any of it.  I had about two cups of pasta with spray butter and parmesan cheese, and a glass of milk.  That was followed by a lemon-poppyseed muffin (and more milk), AND a dish of vanilla ice cream with Hershey's syrup, Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chunks, and MORE milk.  Then for dinner came shrimp fajitas, chips and salsa, and a small margarita at Guadalajara, and of course buttered popcorn, Twizzlers, and cherry Pepsi at the movie "Arthur."  All-in-all, a "free-for-all" kind of weekend.  Pure, evil, decadent excess.


So, tomorrow is back to the grind.  I'm ready for it.  I'll be up a pound or three from where I'd like to be tomorrow morning, but I'll shave those off early in the week, if I stick to my guns.  And I will.  I am primed to meet my half-way mark this week, and I won't be robbed of that victory!!!  I will have about 4.5 pounds to lose by Monday, April 18th to be on-track, and I know I can do that.


I'm getting psyched-up to go see "Water for Elephants" in 12 days, after reading the book, which was amazing.  My new mini-dieting goal for the next 12 days is to avoid all cheating and skipping of workouts until after that movie comes out on April 22nd.  I know I can do this for 12 days.  And if I do it, I will allow myself some buttered popcorn and Junior Mints (or Good 'n Plenty) at that movie.  If I don't...then I won't. 

The best part about EYE CANDY???  Zero calories!!!

Mmmmmmm.
Mmmmmmm.
Mmmmmmm.
Mmmmmmm.
Mmmmmmm.
Mmmmmmm.
Mmmmmmm.
Mmmmmmm.


Setting little mini-goals for myself like this is helping to keep me motivated!  I am still on-track to reach my end goal (40 pounds total weight-loss!) the first week of June...I am excited to GET THERE!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment