Friday, September 24, 2010

Disturbing Images Make for Good Motivation, no?

Sometimes all it takes to make me "try harder" when I'm dieting is seeing a shocking photo or observing a 400-pound person stuffing their face in the food court at the mall.  Now, before anyone flips out about me being "insensitive," please understand that I do feel sorry for any morbidly obese person.  I cannot imagine what life must be like for them, and because I can't relate to it, I won't judge.  But I also believe that if a person wants to change themselves badly enough, whether physically, mentally, spiritually, or whatever, then they COULD do it.  I truly believe this.  I don't believe that anyone's situation is impossible.  If a person doesn't have the means or the motivation or the strength initially, that's just no excuse, in this day and age.  The help is out there; it's available to anyone who needs it.  I know there are those instances when an obese person has physical reasons (thyroid problems, pituitary problems...) that cause their weight to be out of control.  In those cases, dieting or lifestyle changes may not help at all.  But for the majority of people, especially those fighting the battle of the bulge, the most common reasons for being over-weight are often laziness, lack of motivation, lack of willpower, depression... ALL issues within the average person's power to change.

I have a tough time believing that ANYONE wants to look like this:

This is TRAGIC.
Um... NO.
WHY is he SMILING?!
 I have an equally tough time understanding why anyone would try to look like this on purpose:

ICK. 
ACK.  
UCK. 
...Ah...er... not sure how this one got here.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment