Monday, September 27, 2010

Sunday, 9/26/10:

WEIGHT before eating today:  159.0

Daily Calorie Goal:  1200 or less
Total calories eaten today:  Over 2000.  (CRINGE.)

A less-than successful dieting week-end, to be sure.  I drank more than my one-allowed pop per day, and I didn't count calories at all on Sunday.  I spent another four hours sorting and pitching junk, which was not only necessary but also made me feel happy and productive.  I would have liked to have counted every bite I took, but the day was weird - I spent zero time in the kitchen, for one thing.  I first made the big mistake of eating nothing in the morning, other than two cups of coffee.  (INSTANT gut-ache, duh.)  Then, I brought nothing but a can of Dr. Pepper and a Tupperware full of pretzels over to the old house, where I was sorting through my boxes.  By the time I came back over to the new house around 3:30 p.m., I was famished to the point of pain.  I hoovered a chocolate Slim Fast shake AND a 370-calorie frozen Mataar Paneer meal in less than 15 minutes, and barely tasted either one. 

It would have been OK, if I had eaten light after that until bedtime.  But alas, this was not to be.  On to the Birthday Party delicasies!

Today my niece turned 17, and we headed to her house for a little family party at 6:00 p.m.  LOTS of tasty yummies, as is our family's way.  I NEVER diet at a family meal.  To do so would be stupid, and depressing, and ridiculous.  I cannot imagine walking into a gathering, armed with a Slim Fast and a bag of celery, and then proceeding to watch my family feast on crackers and cheese, salami, ripple chips and Top the Tater, veggies and dip, sloppy Joes, baked beans, cole slaw, Dr. Pepper, marble-chocolate cake, and peppermint bon-bon ice cream.  (All of which were displayed and sampled at tonight's party!)
I know, I know - I COULD do that.
But as long as I live on this planet, I WILL not do that.
You can't make me.
 
Birthday dinner is served!
Delicious birthday cake, Aunters!
Baby made short work of her ice cream.  The resulting sugar-rush was HILARIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment