Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday, 10/1/10:

WEIGHT before eating today:  156.0
 
Daily Calorie Goal:  1200 or less
Total calories eaten today:  Over 2000.  (Date night blow-out at Red Lobster. !!!)

Today was tough all over.


Somehow, I had eaten 945 calories by 12:45 p.m., and that was in part because of the handful of mini-Reeses peanut butter cups I inhaled.  I barely tasted them.  I was famished.  I ate 7 of them, for a total of 315 calories.  DISGUSTING.


I'm not the kind of person who says, "Well, I just wrecked my diet for the day anyway, so I'm just going to stuff my face the rest of the day!"  I don't do that.  I try to look at any dieting "indiscretion" as a singular event.  So I stumbled and ate a handful of Reeses, now I'll be DONE with that craziness.... something along those lines.  But the fact that the Reeses were sugary carbs was the worst part.  Because once that sugar was in my system, the hunger-pangs kicked into over-drive.  When we eat sugar, our insulin response goes crazy, and suddenly we feel like we're starving to death, and we HAVE TO EAT something to stop the pain in our twisting, deprived stomach.  At least, that's what it feels like to me.


I tried to eat as little as possible the rest of the day, and succeeded, until going to Red Lobster with my hubby at 6:30.  We had a huge, delicious, very filling meal.  I held myself to ONE Cheddar Bay Biscuit (150 calories), by some insane miracle.  I had a garden salad with blue cheese dressing (330 calories!  UGH!).    I had a "Top Shelf Margarita" (300 calories) and one glass of Coke Classic (100 calories).  I devoured my garlic shrimp scampi (130 calories) and breaded coconut shrimp bites (290 calories) and seafood alfredo (400 calories, BLECH!) side dish.  I was WAY too full to even think about cheesecake.  Rejoice!!!


Total calories for my dinner date meal?  


1700.


And we wonder why eating out too much keeps Americans fat???

I have a hard time believing this only has 130 calories.

I had a side-dish portion, without the crab... The full-sized portion contains 1100 calories!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment