Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Saturday, 10/16/10:

WEIGHT before eating today:  157.5

Daily Calorie Goal:  1200 or less 
Total calories eaten today:  Not sure.  (House Project day...didn't write anything down.)


Kind of a slow end to a long week with food, dieting, eating, calorie-counting... all of it.  I'm not discouraged, just ridiculously, psychotically busy right now.  Now that the last of my sorting through boxes and bags is completed, I am on to the less satisfying task of organizing my new office.  To the average person, this may seem like a task to look forward to, or even to be enjoyed.  I am instead anticipating many more hours of sorting, organizing, throwing out, filing, etc.  I don't hate this type of job, but I just don't have the numbers of free hours it's going to take to complete it in any short timeframe.  So instead, I'm looking at a several-weeks-long (or months-long) project that drags on and takes way longer to finish than I wish it would.  I understand that I have to grab my free 15 minutes and free half-hours when they present themselves; I just hate doing this kind of a project that way.  In a perfect world, I'd magically find myself with an entire free day, with a beginning, a middle, and an end to my hours of work, the end being the final END of the project.  Meaning, do it all in one day, and at the end of the day, I have a clean, organized, wonderfully cozy office to hang out in!

This is not to be.
My new office is up the library ladder, in the loft above the dining room.  Fun!
A built-in bookshelf for my many, MANY books... Yay!
I will especially love the radiant heat off the wood stove pipe in the winter!  (Unless it's 130 degrees up there!)

I have 3 new, black wire shelves for my office - still in the boxes.  I have no unoccupied space up there to set them up yet!
Today I also drove to Goodwill with the Explorer packed to the gills with all of my leftovers from the rummage sale of September 17th-19th.  I cannot accurately describe how amazing it felt to drive away from Goodwill with an empty vehicle.  I can only say that as I drove away, I did give a yowl that would have sounded at home in a jungle.


Nearing the end of my crazy-busy day, at 7:00 I dropped the teenager off at the DECC to play a pre-concert in the lobby (before a Duluth-Superior Symphony Orchestra concert) with her high school Chamber Orchestra.  They were great!  I sipped my sugary-foamy-vanilla-caramel-flavored cappucino with relish while videotaping the performance.  How can I go to the DECC lobby without indulging in my cappuccino, which is always waiting for me?  

I cannot.  So, I did not.


A similar-sized 12-oz. Starbucks cappuccino with 2 flavors and whipped cream contains 250-300 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment