Monday, October 18, 2010

Thursday, 10/14/10:

WEIGHT before eating today:  158.5

Daily Calorie Goal:  1200 or less 
Total calories eaten today:  Over 2000  (Stopped counting mid-afternoon, but did well up until then.)

Exercise today:  30 minutes on the treadmill / 100 calories burned.  WOW!

Yeah, you read that correctly.  Kristin EXERCISED!!!

If you listen very carefully, you can hear tiny little trumpets playing something celebratory.


I hate exercise.  I really, truly hate it.  I hate to sweat, I hate to exert, and I hate the inevitable groaning of my collective body parts afterward.  My husband is the exact opposite of me.  He loves to work out.  He's a maniac when lifting things; the man can lift ridiculous amounts of weight as though it's nothing.  It's really quite something to watch.  I could ogle his biceps or watch him lug railroad ties around the yard or split wood all day long.


"There are a few new additions to the car... like the way the light reflects off the disco ball!"
Um... that looks...  FREAKISHLY HEAVY, honey.
After an hour of this, he's ready to go run 5 miles.  PSYCHO.

But I digress...


Of all the various exercise possibilities out there that I can tolerate to some degree, the treadmill (walking, not running...) and the elliptical machine are my two favorites.  My sweet, wonderful, supportive hubby has provided both, in our new basement, right in front of the t.v. screen.  What more motivation should I need, right?  I can throw in my favorite chick-flick, and walk or ellipticise to my heart's content, all while being distracted from the exertion and the creaking of my ancient joints.  


My problem is simply finding the 45 minutes needed to heave myself ONTO THE MACHINE, whichever one I happen to pick.  I need time to exercise that I don't have.  I know, I know, I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW... I must "make" the time.  (Please refer once again to yesterday's blog entry, and my note on the genius of Stephen Hawking.)

Did you know that 30 minutes at 2.0 m.p.h. on a treadmill (at least on ours) only burns 100 calories?!  That means to burn off my 300-calorie frozen ravioli dinner, I have to walk for 1 1/2 hours at that rate.  And seriously, my knees and ankles right now aren't moving any faster than 2.0!

This is not me.  MY feet touch the "ground."
This person looks ecstatic to be on her elliptical machine.  WHAT CRAP!

There has to be a faster way to burn calories, that I won't hate.

Well yeah, but besides THAT.  I can't do that 1 1/2 hours a day!  (Sorry, honey.)

No comments:

Post a Comment