Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Saturday, 10/9/10:

WEIGHT before eating today:  158.0

Daily Calorie Goal:  1200 or less 
Total calories eaten today:  No idea.  (Maybe around 1800?  Didn't write calories down today.  Yup, that's what I said.)

All week, I've been gearing up for this week-end.  I'm hoping to finish sorting through the final bags of crap that I've had stored in my hubby's garage attic for the past 4 1/2 years, which is the very same junk I've moved with me more than 15 times since 1987.  Yeah, you read that right.    <sigh>

Today is a good day to address one of my biggest weight-loss hurdles:  What to do when your schedule for the day ahead is so chaotic, so abnormal, and so bat-sh*t-crazy-ass-busy that it's (practically) "impossible" to either write all of your calories down, or even track them mentally.  Today has been one of THOSE days.  I knew it would be - so I refuse to beat myself up about it.  Eating on the fly is dangerous when dieting, yet sometimes it's unavoidable.  Today, I grabbed what was easy to carry and bring with me over to the old house.  A can of diet 7-up.  A baggie of dry roasted peanuts.  Packets of fruits snacks.  An apple.  A frozen dinner that I microwaved at home and brought along.  Quick, simple, and portable.

I'm one of those people who needs to be broken of the habit of bringing food in the car with me, or wherever I go.  I'm so used to running around non-stop, that often I feel like I don't have a choice - so I bring some food along with me, and eat it when my next mealtime arrives.  This is unfortunate.  I need to break myself of this stupid habit, and flat-out limit the practice to occasional special circumstances.  Does anyone else drag food with themselves everywhere, or is it just me???

 

No comments:

Post a Comment