Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wednesday, 10/6/10:

WEIGHT before eating today:  155.0

Daily Calorie Goal:  1200 or less 
Total calories eaten today:  Over 2000  (2900, to be exact.  Stop.  Laughing.)

Even though my calories went sky-high at the end, I still consider today to be an otherwise decent dieting day.  HOW is that possible, you may wonder???  Simple:  Because between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., I only consumed 600 of those 2900 hundred calories.


Quick, do the math, and be disgusted.


Yeah.  I embarked upon a two-hour long, sinfully carbaliscious, decadently sweet, caffeine-saturated salt fest.  I inhaled 2300 calories, total.  In two hours. 


HOW could I do this, after being so disciplined earlier?


Easy.  I ate dinner and went to a movie.  Plain and simple, nothing unbelievably crazy, people do it every day.  Right?


What people don't usually do, however, is count up the calories afterwards.  Me, I'm just the type of masochist that enjoys that kind of thing.  So I counted.  And only kept myself from weeping by going to bed the minute I got home.


My hubby and daughter stayed home with baby so Mommy could have a couple hours of "mental-health time."  (I also tend to think of this as "shirking responsibility time, but whatever.)  I had planned to see a different movie with a college buddy, but she wasn't able to make it... so I decided to still see a movie, by myself, rather than go home.  I used to love going to movies solo, but it's been years since I've done it.  I picked "Eat, Pray, Love," because I've wanted to see it since it came out, and because I've loved Julia Roberts since Mystic Pizza, and because I wanted to watch her enjoying all those carbs in Italy.  Yes, I had read reviews.  And I didn't care that the critics didn't adore the film.  I haven't read the book, and might not, so I also didn't care that the critics didn't rave about the book, either.


I don't listen to critics.

LOVE Julia in this movie.
Any movie where we can watch gorgeous people stuffing their faces should be fun, yes?


OK, so MAYBE I also went to see a lil' Javier.  Eat, Pray, Yum!
So, I went.  I figured, since I'd eaten so little all day, that I should stop for some kind of supper on the way up to the theater in Hermantown.  Right?  RIGHT?  A girl's gotta eat, right?


So I thought and thought.  What would be quick, and fairly healthy, but really tasty, and not too filling, just before my movie food?  


I didn't feel like drive-thru anything.  Not Taco John's, not Subway, nada.  I was stumped.  I only had about 40 minutes to decide and eat.  I suddenly remembered back to my four years of schlepping videos at the Hollywood Video in West Duluth.  My car immediately turned toward Domino's Pizza at that point.  I snarfed half an order of breadsticks with marinara dipping sauce, AND half an order of Cinnastix with sweet icing, along with a can of Coke Classic.  It all tasted heavenly going down.  But... I knew there would be problems later.  For one thing, the dough was SO GREASY.  I'd eaten this exact same order dozens of times, while working at Hollywood.  Were they always dripping with buttery grease?  I don't remember that.  I thought they used to be a lot dryer.


By the time I pulled into the theater parking lot, I had butter sauce everywhere and sweet icing in my hair.  LOTS of icing.  Thankfully, I have a toddler, so I was able to get most of it out with the baggie of baby wipes from the diaper bag. 

I ate half of the order.  465 calories total.
I ate half again.  730 calories total.  (REPULSIVE!!!)
After the 1335 calories I slugged on the drive to the movie, I was (thankfully) only able to eat about half of my buttered popcorn (about 300 calories-worth), one can of Coke (140 calories, smuggled from Dominos in my purse), and then I TRIED NOT TO, but I still managed to polish off an entire bag of Twizzlers (525 calories).

I love how their marketing department pushes these "As Always, A Low-Fat Food!"  "FOOD?!"  This isn't "FOOD"!
The movie was fine.  Nothing spectacular, and I bawled, like, 6 times, so you know THAT pissed me off.  I don't enjoy movies that make me cry.  I mean, COME ON!  I don't need to spend $8.50 to go sit somewhere and cry.  When I go to a movie in a theater, I want to either:    A.  Laugh,    B.  Swoon,    or    C.  Be Amazed.  I can't say this film did any of those things for me, but hey, I did enjoy my little (LITTLE?!) supper and snacks.  And, as always, tomorrow is a new day!

I want to add one other tidbit I read in today's entertainment news...  It appears that Kirstie Alley is losing weight again!  I am cheering for Kirstie.  She NEVER QUITS.  She falls off the dieting wagon, SPECTACULARLY, but she always picks herself back up and tries again.  She has lost 50 pounds on her new eating plan.  Here's a few deets:


"After tipping the scales at 228 lbs. last year, the actress has dropped 50 lbs.–and isn’t looking back. “THE GOOD NEWS….I’ve lost 50 lbs!!! THE BAD NEWS…I have 40 more to go!!! …lol…..at least I’m more than half the way there!!,” she Tweeted on Oct. 4. What’s her secret? Staying faithful to Organic Liaison, the weight-loss program she launched in March, as well as finding support and inspiration from fans who took the dieting plunge with her. “Thousands have now had huge success with my new weight loss program,” Alley, 59, tells PEOPLE. “Nothing makes me happier than reading about their extraordinary triumphs…They inspire me to continue on my own journey and I am grateful for them.”  As the country’s first USDA-approved organic weight loss plan that specifically targets cravings, curbs appetites and boosts energy, Organic Liaisons will soon be available at GNC stores, the first time its been available outside of the company website, www.organicliaison.com. Two years in the making, Alley says she wanted to create a weight-loss system that doesn’t include “meals that I can keep in my closet,” she says on the Organic Liaison site. “Also one that would actually improve mine and my kids health along with shrinking my awesomely ample bottom.” As for her gradually shrinking body, Alley has perspective. Tweeting on Oct. 6: “I’m far from SKINNY….but I’m at least far from Shamu …no insult to Shamu intended.”

OK, so I'm going to check out her www.organicliaison.com site, just out of curiosity, and because I know organic stuff is good stuff.  I've always loved Kirstie Alley's attitude.  I love that she doesn't hide her dieting "failures."  I love that she can make fun of herself publicly.  (Have you seen "Fat Actress" on DVD?  HYSTERICAL!)  I can't do that.  I hide.  I don't like walking around fat.  Well, fatter than I want to be, anyway. 


I've always thought Kirstie Alley was beautiful.  This is her after losing 50 pounds recently.
On a final note, I have to slam Jessica Alba.  Normally, I have no beef with her.  She's gorgeous, I liked her in Clueless, she's a hottie in Machete.  But then she's quoted in a magazine article, saying something stupid, and it makes me want to slap her.  Here's her latest, courtesy of British GQ Magazine and PopSugar Online:

"She’s regularly fêted as one of the world’s most beautiful actresses—but mother-of-one Jessica Alba still sees the flaws in her body. And she’s happy with it. Two years after giving birth to daughter Honor, the Machete star tells the U.K. edition of GQ that there is something “amazing” about having a child.

“My breasts are saggy, I’ve got cellulite, my hips are bigger, but I love it,” she proudly says in the November issue.

And the 29-year-old feels inferior to many of her fellow female stars in the beauty stakes.
She name-checks other leading ladies like Natalie Portman, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Lopez, Halle Berry, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Garner and Beyoncé. “Every actress out there is more beautiful than me,” she tells the magazine. “All better looking than me. I’ve seen them without makeup, so I know.”

The cover article comes complete with a swimsuit shoot that plays up her slender legs, and she says that having Honor has helped her confidence.  She is “way more comfortable since I had a baby. I’m far less self-conscious now that I have her to worry about."

Her self-criticism might not change the minds of her die-hard fans, but tell us what do you think of her comments — are they understandable or should she stop complaining?"

So, is Jessica telling us that this cover photo is COMPLETELY photo-shopped?!

I, for one, want her to STOP COMPLAINING.



No comments:

Post a Comment