Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tuesday, 10/19/10:

WEIGHT before eating today:  155.5

Daily Calorie Goal:  1200 or less 
Total calories eaten today:   Slightly under 2000, I'm guessing.  Stopped counting after Big Apple Bagels.  <sigh>

Exercise today:  30 minutes on the treadmill / 100 calories burned.  YIPPEE!

Today was a typical Tuesday, with fair-to-partly-cloudy success counting calories at work all day, and then I picked the teenager up from school at 3:15 and drove us to Big Apple Bagels.  Now, I need to clarify one thing:  We LOVE Big Apple Bagels.  And we do not only LOVE them, but we have gone without them ever since Big Apple closed down many months ago.  

They recently re-opened, much to our delight... and to my dieting dismay, obviously.

Today, mine was a pumpkin-flavored bagel with plain cream cheese.  (Is it not prudent to join in SOMEHOW with the festive Halloween revelry that pulses all around us???)  I try to limit Big Apple to once a week or less, and it's usually on the way to the violin lesson on Tuesdays.  We don't go crazy, that is to say we don't get chips and cookies and stuff to go with our bagel.  We just get a bagel of whatever flavor we're craving, with cream cheese on it.  The teenager gets her orange juice, and I get a pop, usually a 200-calorie Coke Classic.  

The bagels are jam-packed with calories and carbs, of course.  Up to 500+ calories each, and a carb-content I refuse to research.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
Pure decadence.
News Flash:    Thankfully, at long last, I believe I am nearly done with the wishy-washiness that has been the first 30 days of my "diet."  It almost always takes me awhile to get into the "groove" when I have this many pounds to lose.  Wait; what am I talking about?!  In my entire life, I've only had 37 pounds to lose one other time: after my first pregnancy.  I've never been a huge yo-yo-er.  I've gained and lost the same 5 pounds 1000 times before, but that was when I weighed 125-130 pounds.  I never went above 130.  I weighed 125 to 130 between the ages of 18 and 27, and then I had my first baby, and I was 40 pounds above that from age 27 to 30.  Then I got serious, started drinking Slim Fast, doing Tae Bo a couple times a week, and counting every calorie...  and I lost 40 pounds, seemingly with very little effort.  (Well, in my dusty memory it seems like it happened over-night, but back then I know it took a few months.  But no more than that, seriously.)

I kept those 40 pounds off, and stayed right in my 125-130 pound groove, until I got pregnant again in 2007.  And since baby #2 arrived, almost 26 months ago, I have been carting around an extra 37 pounds.  I must lose it if I'm ever going to be happy with myself, or fit into my old clothes again.  


And I will.


A little bagel humor.    ROTFL.
Oh man, I would love to hand these out in HellMart!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment