Friday, October 8, 2010

Thursday, 10/7/10:

WEIGHT before eating today:  157.5

Daily Calorie Goal:  1200 or less 
Total calories eaten today:  Over 2000  (Another day, another movie.  Sigh.) 

Yeah, you're reading it right.  A movie on Wednesday night, and a movie again tonight.  I saw Eclipse again (FOURTH time!) with a college friend tonight after work.  She & I hit Guadalajara first, and I ordered one of my three favorite meals:  this time it was veggie fajitas.  YUM!  Lots of chips, salsa, and cheese sauce before, of course.  I skipped pop (ordered ice water, but never touched it) and got a glass of milk with my meal.  No margarita!  (I'm still on Benadryl for my drippy cold...)  


I was so full by the movie, I DIDN'T EVEN GET POPCORN.  This has only happened a couple times in my entire life.  I ALWAYS get buttered popcorn.  Instead, I was craving sweets after my salty chips and salsa.  And I couldn't decide!  So, like a complete idiot, I paid $9.75 (I WISH I WAS JOKING) for a blue cotton candy (my fingers are STILL stained blue, and it won't come off with soap and scrubbing!!!), and a box of Junior Mints (ate most of them) AND a box of Good & Plenty (ate about half of them)!!!  Crazy sugar-fest.  


Loved the movie.  Again.  As some people out there know, I am KINDA a Twilight Saga fan.  I've read Twilight 7 times, and the other three books twice each, and the Midnight Sun partial draft 4 times, and The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner once.  I bought the Twilight and New Moon DVDs, I listen to the movie soundtracks in my car, and I've collected all of the extra publications - official movie guides and things like that.


Like I said, I kinda love all that is Twilight.


I won't use this blog to go on and on and on about my opinions of the films, vs. the books.  You'd cry from boredom and leave thinking, "WTF?!"  So I'll just limit myself on the eve of this, my fourth viewing of Eclipse, to a few gratuitous photos:


Rosalie, Esme, Carlisle, Edward, Emmett, Alice, and Jasper.  Hot vampires in Forks, Washington.
Jacob Black (shape-shifter hottie), Bella Swan (aaack), and Edward Cullen (vampire with mustard-colored eyeballs).
Edward and Bella.  He, proposing.  She, trying to act, unsuccessfully, again.
Taylor Lautner is 17 years old.  Which means I can't type what I REALLY think about this photo.
The Quileute teeny-tiny, tubby-chubby wolf pack.  (Alex Mraz on the far right being the only exception.)  Ah-roooooooooooooooo!

OK, I'm done.


One might think that watching a movie with so many scrawny, skinny actors in it (especially RPatz, aaack!) might inspire the watcher to eat LESS movie food, purely as a result of being motivated by all the beauty and perfection on the screen.  But sadly, it doesn't.  At least not for me.  In reality, I got so absorbed watching the film that I inhaled my candy motherlode even more obliviously than I would normally.  I barely tasted any of it, I hoovered it so fast!!!  NUTZ.


So, another dinner-movie calorie fest for me.  I'll be interested to see how the "Carb Addict's Effect" works tonight.  Again, just like Wednesday, I counted my calories religiously today, in anticipation for my "Reward Meal" dinner and movie.  I had eaten less than 600 calories before my Guadalajara meal.  Plus, I did eat most of my dinner and movie calories in little over an hour.  So, if the "Reward Meal theory" holds true (as it does for me 99% of the time...), I may still be surprised tomorrow when I heave myself onto the scale. 


Then again, maybe not.  We shall see...


Even though she makes me cringe, I still think they look good together.  Sometimes.  Not that anyone sees her when they look at this photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment