Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tuesday, 10/12/10:

WEIGHT before eating today:  157.0

Daily Calorie Goal:  1200 or less 
Total calories eaten today:  Over 2000  (I counted until 5:00, then went grocery shopping.  Nearly always a free-for-all, unfortunately.)

And why does this have to be???

When I do find a spare minute to restock the food stores at home, I ALWAYS shop with a very detailed, very specific list.  It's an extremely rare occurrence when I put something in the HellMart cart that isn't on my list.  I am a very conscientious, very careful food shopper.   Plain and simple:  I don't go nuts buying crap food!

As I go up and down the aisles, I am looking for organic, 100% whole grain, naturally-sweetened (if sweetened at all), fresh produce, low or fat-free dairy, and diet-lean meats.  In other words, I shop for the entire family the same way I'm trying to eat all day on my diet.

So, why would a trip to the Looney-Zoo cause me to binge???

Simple.  It's because I love to eat.  And when the cupboards are chock-full with new food, all fresh and enticing and yummy...  I eat a whole bunch of different things the minute the bags are unpacked.

This is somewhat of a ritual for me.  It's lame, I admit it.  But it's also something I kind of look forward to, especially since I try to limit myself to two big food-shopping trips per month.  

Just think of it as one of many, many, many, many, many, many, many ways I try to justify rampant calorie-consumption.  It's always "I deserve it!" or "I counted every calorie up to this point, so I should get a treat!"

I know, I'm pathetic.  And a big, bogus loser.
Shut up.

And now, my tribute to the "People of HellMart":

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Who dresses this woman?!
O.M.G.
She couldn't have FORGOTTEN PANTS.  Or could she?!
Ah, true love in bloom.  SCARY.
So wrong, I have NO WORDS.
Sheila of the Jungle.  RAWR.
Another chick who simply forgot pants.
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
I have never understood belly shirts on over-weight people.  CALL ME CRAZY!

OK, so I look at these photos and I feel a LITTLE less terrible about binging on my fresh French rolls and raspberries.  I'm just sayin'.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment